1. We refuse to commit Fraud. We won’t conspire with the Minister to commit deception and fraud. The Minister wants to impose unacceptable conditions on us, but wants us to sign off so it will look like we agree. We refuse to engage in this fraud.
2. We reject “Take It Or Leave It” demands. We won’t accept a “take it or leave it” imposition on our dignity and our rights and put our signature on it to make it looks like we are happy with it.
3. We refuse to sell our Treaty for money. Our relationship with Canada is set out in our Sacred Treaty. We are owed compensation for our land and our resources. We refuse to write off that debt for a meager hand-out.
4. We refuse to become our own Indian Agents and administer our own poverty. It is recorded the Treaty Commissioners told us, “You will be richer than the whiteman”. Now they want us to agree to accept less than our neighbours.
5. We refuse to sign away our dignity. We refuse to make it look like we are happy to receive less, what ever amount the federal government decides to give us.
6. We refuse to be second-class. We refuse to accept less than the province gives our neighbours from OUR own resources. Last year, Saskatchewan received royalties of $706-million from potash and $1.6-billion from oil. How did they get the right to our resources?
7. We refuse to be coerced. We refuse to be victims of the Minister’s coercion: no signature and he takes away our rights to govern ourselves and puts us under Third Party Management without authority of law.
8. We are victims of robbery and now we are told to make do with less. We refuse to be continuously robbed of our resources and lands and then told we have to make do with less. Population grows, prices go up, revenues go down and our liabilities increase. Programs common among our neighbours are eliminated for us. We refuse to sign any document which pretends we have no rights.
9. We refuse to sign because we are tired of playing “Let’s Pretend”. We are tired of this charade we are forced to play every March 31st. Let the Minister administer our poverty and take full responsibility for it.
10. We refuse to sign away our self-respect. We are tired of being asked to accept disrespect and unfair treatment that no Canadian would ever accept.
11. We refuse to sign until our Treaty Relationship with the Crown is restored. Our Treaty is a sacred covenant that was meant for all parties – including the settlers – to share, prosper and guarantee a future for those yet unborn. We must restore the long-term mutually beneficial relationship that recognized and established our rights as the First Peoples of this land.
12. We refuse to sign an agreement to accept colonial double-standards that treat us as incompetent. The day before Treaty, we had everything and the Crown had nothing - Nothing. We consented to share lands for immigration and settlement. Period. We are prepared to negotiate fiscal arrangements which recognize these indisputable historical and legal facts.
We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day
Click here for Upcoming Events
Canadian Federal Election - October 19, 2015
Are you voting in the upcoming federal election? If you intend on making your vote count and having your voice heard then you should considering doing the following 3 things:
1) Educate and inform yourself of the respective party platforms;
2) Register yourself as an eligible voter. You can do this by simply clicking here and following the instructions >>> Online Voter Registration Link , and;
3) MOST IMPORTANTLY, get out and vote! For residents on-reserve here in Thunderchild, you can vote at the nearest polling station located in Turtleford on October 19, 2015 at:
Turtleford Lions Club
407-1st Avenue, Turtleford, SK
* For those residents who reside off-reserve, you can find polling stations in your city, rural municipality and/or surrounding area. Consult elections.ca for more information.
>>> 97.3 TCFM is now streaming online live!
- Click on "Launch The Player" above to listen to your community radio station in real time.
Membership Access to Information
For access to Thunderchild First Nation members section, please email email@example.com for instructions to receive your unique login credentials. In the members section of the website, you will have access to:
- - 2014-15 Audited Financial Statements
- - Internal Litigation Documents
Thunderchild Refuses to Sign 2014/15 Contribution Funding Agreement (CFA)
Thunderchild Rejects C27 First Nations Financial Transparency Act
We would like to thank BATC for all
their participation in our projects